Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Inspiration Links and Comment Catch Up

So, today, I was just going to write after my quiet time.

Then, of course, I became distracted by the shiny, sparkling, internet . . .

And I found an article that had me thinking of world-building in a different, real world way.
Tiny Houses for the Homeless http://news.msn.com/us/tiny-houses-help-address-nations-homeless-problem

And that led me to this site that made me wish I could serve food from a food truck like they have, or take part in building a community like this near where I live:
http://mlf.org/community-first/ - Community First Project


And then, somehow, I found this inspirational article by a Dad I happen to know:
A Father's Story
It's the best story I've read today, it's true, and it's a tear jerker, but totally worth it.

And then, I felt inspired by Nutschell's interview of Natalie Aguirre at Writer's Workspace.


And I thought I would share these links that inspired me with you:

However, as I came to blogger, I saw that I have a whole bunch of comments to catch up with . . . wow! Thank you all for stopping by! I will try to catch up today and tomorrow. :)

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Natalie's interview was great.
I've helped our church hand out food and clothing at a homeless shelter. It's sad but very rewarding. Those people are so appreciative.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm getting the Kleenex handy before I go read that story.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - Natalie's interview just reminded me of the joy of writing in the midst of family and work, and all that is life. And yes, it is very rewarding to help people in need.

L. Diane - good idea. :)

M Pax said...

Yay for inspiration! Thanks for sharing what's been speaking to you on the sparkly internet.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Thanks for shouting out about my interview and all the sweet comments. You're all inspiring me to keep squeezing in my writing. During stressful times like this I need all the inspiration I can get.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. I love a post that gets my heart and head engaged.

Misha Gerrick said...

I'm also way behind on my comments. Been way too busy with life and writing. :-D

Heather R. Holden said...

The internet is always way too sparkly for its own good... ;)

Empty Nest Insider said...

I'll have to head over to Natalie's soon! Thanks for sharing all of these links, Tyrean!

Julie

Huntress said...

Never turn down inspiration. It comes in the darndest ways.

Crystal Collier said...

Yay! I've been needing to catch up too, but I have read some of those articles. Probably need to go get caught up on the others... Engaging time-stopper now. (Shh. No one's supposed to know it's fixed.)