Monday, March 19, 2012

She Sparkles, Self Discipline, and the Blessings of Ergonomics

She Sparkles is hosting an awesome, ongoing scripture memory challenge and I've been falling behind . . .a lot. However, I'm trying to catch up today.

D - "Devote yourself to prayer, being watchful and thankful." Colossians 4:2

E - "Every good and perfect gift is from above." James 1:17

F - "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love, and of self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7

 The  F verse really hit home for me. I've been way too timid lately with my writing, and well, with a lot of different things in life. I need to remember God is with me, his love can shine through me, and he can give me the ability to have self-discipline in all things.

I gave up caffeine a while back, but gluttony has been too close of a companion for far too long. If I kicked the caffeine habit and suffered through all the pain of that, I can kick the gluttonous lazy girl syndrome. I'm not talking about 2 pounds here, I'm talking about 30 . . .and a left foot that won't heal up until I lose that weight. It's time to be serious and self-disciplined.


And now onto The Blessings of Ergonomics. I've been having pain in my right wrist and arm lately after I've been typing. My super sweet, wonderful husband bought me this perfect, unexpected present on Saturday:

And it's awesome! I can type without pain now!!! Hooray!

Now, the only pain I need to feel each day is from those leg lifts I really need to do.
I will defeat the pear shape!


Do you have any issues with timidity or self-discipline? If so, how do you deal with it?


Oh, and Guess What?! Karen Lange is celebrating her blogaversary with chocolate! Go to her blog, Write Now for details! Happy Blogaverary Karen!!!!


18 comments:

Tara Tyler said...

love the alpha verses! that couldve been your a-z theme too!
and i wear a wrist brace when i type, carpal tunnel syndrome is close i fear!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Like your new keyboard! Yes, the Timothy verse is powerful. We forget we were created for awesomeness.

Karen Lange said...

I do battle timidity and a lack of self discipline at times. I confess to be a work in progress, and so I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. These are wonderful scriptures to meditate on, thank you!

Thanks also for the blogoversary shout out! Looking forward to sharing a little chocolate with the giveaway. :) I invite everyone to stop by and enter the giveaway!

Blessings,
Karen

Luanne G. Smith said...

I'm not so much timid as I am lacking in confidence sometimes. And self-discipline is something I constantly try to improve. Kind of losing that battle. :)

And JFYI, my husband went on a vegan diet -- only fruits and vegetables, pasta and rice -- and has lost over twenty pounds in six weeks. Disgusting, I know. :P

Emily R. King said...

I gave up caffeine, too. I only miss it in the mornings. :)

I am envying your keyboard. And no, I won't repent for it later. Ha!

Golden Eagle said...

That looks like a nice keyboard!

Lately, self-discipline has been a problem. Time for me to stop sitting around and start moving again . . .

Alleged Author said...

I have issues with self-discipline regarding food as well! I love food so much. Boooo!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Yep, self-discipline is a tough one for me. I allow too many distractions and I eat too much chocolate. I love those verses you listed. They are some of my favourites.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks! I wish I could take credit for those verses, but I picked them up at She Sparkles. I have a theme for A to Z, but not all the posts are "fully realized" yet . . .I hope your wrist feels better.

Tyrean Martinson said...

THanks! and I agree, we often forget we were created for awesomeness!

Tyrean Martinson said...

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with self-discipline issues. I appreciate your thoughts too. Blessings!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Glad to know I'm not alone on the self-discipline issue - and I think my timidity is more of a confidence thing too. Congrats to your husband!!! I actually have so many food allergies that I can't go vegan . . weird, hunh.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Envy away . . .LOL. Seriously, it's a worthwile investment for the wrists.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Spring seems like a good time to put some spring into our steps!

Tyrean Martinson said...

LOL . . .I know how you feel.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Chocolate . . . wait, what was that? Oh yeah, distractions.
I can't take credit for the verse choices - they came from She Sparkles.

Angie said...

Love those scriptures! That's the same keyboard I am typing on right now. Love it! I'm glad you can type without pain. Good luck with the weight loss and getting the foot to heal.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Angie - awesome keyboard, right! Thanks!!!