Saturday, December 31, 2011

Turning the Page



New Year's Eve feels like the turn of a new page in an open book. I know, from my faith, that the pages have already been written by the Author of life, but I haven't seen them yet. It's like they are in invisible ink and will only appear as life enfolds, as I turn the page.

New Year's Eve invites me to look back on the story so far, and look forward to the adventures to come, knowing with confidence that the end of the book is a happy one, even if there are trials on the way.

One way that I look forward is to create goals . . . you know, New Year resolutions.

For 2012, I have some goals to improve my blog.

1. Keep my posts shorter - hovering around 250 words. (splurging maybe to 500 once in a while)

2. Post pictures or video with every post.

3. Keep a steady schedule. Unless a blogfest beckons, I will post M, W, F.

4. Pre-write my posts. No more seat-of-pants rambling.

5. Get to each of these themes once a month:

Encouragement
Blessings/Gratitude
Writing
Reading/Books
Parenting/Homeschooling/Teaching
Worship
Poetry/Humming like Pooh
Social Causes/Needs
Movie/Book/Storytelling Reviews
Interview/author highlight/guest post
Blog/website highlight day
Random Day (only once a month)

6. Visit more blogs, and encourage fellow bloggers.


Do you have any goals this year? Feel ready for 2012?
Have a metaphor for New Year's Eve?


Happy New Year!!!!

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Tyrean, those are excellent goals!
Happy New Year!

Karen Lange said...

Reflecting and pondering too as we head in to the new year. Wishing you all the best!

Happy New Year!

Blessings,
Karen
P.S. Looked for you on Twitter but didn't come up with anything. I am really not too adept with it yet! :)

Karen Lange said...

P.S.S. Found you on Twitter! Hooray! :) I may learn this yet...:P

Golden Eagle said...

Great list of goals.

Hope you have a wonderful 2012!

Carol Riggs said...

Wowza, good for you--posts under 500 words! Great goal. I'm trying to keep mine under 600. I think the shorter the better; people are busy! It's good practice to write concisely, too. I always pre-write my posts on the weekend and then post on Wednesdays. That gives me time to check 'em over. :)

Haha! A metaphor for New Year's. I like your invisible ink analogy. :) Well, there's also the usual opening of a new door of life, turning down a new fork in the road, etc. (cliche, aren't I?) Best wishes and God's blessings in 2012 to you!!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - Thanks! Happy New Year!

Karen - Thanks. Found you too.

Golden Eagle - Thanks! Hope you have an awesome 2012!

Carol - love the cliches! Best wishes and God's Blessings to you too.

De said...

That's an impressive list of goals for the year. You go! Thanks for exercising one of them by popping by my blog to drop a note of encouragement. I look forward to reading more of your writings in 2012.
God bless!

Tyrean Martinson said...

De - Thanks!!! God Bless!