Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Heaven is for Real



"What had I learned? I was reminded yet again that I could be real with God, I told my fellow pastors. I learned that I didn't have to offer some kind of churchy, holy-sounding prayer in order to be heard in heaven. 'You might as well tell God what you think,' I said. 'He already knows it anyway.'" p. 84 Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent

Teaser Tuesday: Random (last week not so random) pick of 2-4 sentences from a current read.

Mini Review: Heaven is for Real is a book I picked up with a reserved sort of skepticism and put down with a bigger faith intact and renewed. It says that it's "A little boy's astounding story of his trip to heaven and back," but it is actually the story of the journey his parents took alongside him. Grab a box of tissues, prepare to smile and cry, and read it. At 162 pages, you'll find yourself finishing it in one sitting.

"Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed - in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed." 1 Corinthians 15:51

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:58

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I love that Bible verse. Fills me with hope!
Blessings, Joanne