Wednesday, January 19, 2011

365 Days of Blessings, Day 234

Today, I'm giving thanks and praise for:

1. A cleaning house kind of morning when I was able to clean and say "thanks God" for blessing me with the stuff I'm cleaning instead of saying, "dishes, again?" I'm thankful for the food we eat on the dishes, and the soap, and the water, and the dishes themselves.

2. Folded laundry - done!

3. All ski gear put away!

4. We did almost all of our home school lessons today, and went to our Family and Friends Co-op for Science, Writing, and Latin.

5. The sliding glass door/window in my daughter's room has been "popped" since we moved in over nine years ago - today a nice man came and replaced it.

6. It isn't just us . . . when anyone opens up a part of our house they find . . . more to work on. Living in an antique is an interesting adventure in house ownership. And maybe, maybe, it could be a Biblical allegory for the way that God uncovers the sin in our lives, tears it out, and replaces it with newness in Christ.

7. Holding a sweet baby with burps, hiccups, and smiles. (not mine, but a friends)

8. Reading my daughter's home school books for historical literature: Little Britches, and The Bronze Bow.

9. Reading Radical by David Platt - a very thought-provoking look at American church life.

10. God is good, all the time, and all the time, God is good.

Scripture Blessings:
"Remember the former things, those of long ago;
I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.
I make known the end from the beginning,
from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say, ‘My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please.’
From the east I summon a bird of prey;
from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.
What I have said, that I will bring about;
what I have planned, that I will do."
Isaiah 46:9-11

2 comments:

Angie said...

Isn't Isaiah great. Obscure sometimes maybe, but great! I love the antique house analogy. So true. Hope you have a great day!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks Angie! That antique house analogy came out of a long struggle, while I was trying to prayerfully figure out how to call the mess we keep finding in our house a blessing . . . and yet, underlying all that I know it is a blessing we even have a house.