Friday, August 6, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 69




Every Friday, I'll be giving out a Blessed Blog Award! If you receive this award, know that you have blessed my writing and my life by inspiring me with your words, and your insights. Please feel free to pass it on.

Today, this award goes to Karen Lange of Write Now. Karen's posts reflect an attitude of gratitude, and an acknowledgement of blessing in her life. She also inspires me with great writing tips, encouraging words, and links to sites with help for writers. Thank you for being a blessing Karen!



And now, the list of some of my other blessings:
365 Days of Blessings, Day 69
1. "God's Word is For Everyone!" - "Let's Go!!!" (from VBS script)

2. Finished typing up the VBS script for Day 5. The format we get it in is hard to read on the go, so we re-type it up, put it in big print, and try to memorize it as we type, read, practice, and then . . . we're into the week and running around with big print scripts in our hand, hoping we don't forget anything.

3. Our church has an awesome VBS leader, who also happens to be our MS youth leader.

4. Being able to be a part of the Bible Voyage section of VBS. I get to work with a fun partner, and I get to tell Bible stories in an active, adventure format. Fun stuff.

5. My oldest daughter gets to be a helper for VBS this year. She is excited, and yet is missing being one of the "campers."

6. Singing VBS songs.

7. Having the "insider" knowledge of VBS beforehand - knowing what crafts will be made, snacks eaten, Bible Verses and Bible points, and even seeing the costume our VBS leader will be wearing.

8. Being able to go with something a little less elaborate than our VBS leader for a costume. I'll be going on a High Seas VBS Voyage in Gilligan style - red shirt, white pants, sailor hat.

9. My husband gets to take mornings off of his work to help with VBS. He'll be taking pictures and putting them into a picture presentation, as well as helping leaders understand how to run the "Chadder's Theatre" video presentation.

10. Our whole household, and my parents who live next door, will be either helping with VBS, or going to VBS as a camper.

Shared Blessings: Louise, a friend of mine, says she feels blessed by my posts, and looks forward to reading them every morning. Wow. Thanks Louise!!!

Please feel free to share your own blessings from life, either here or everywhere you go! Sharing blessings is fun!

Scripture for the day: "They devoted themselves to the apostle's teaching, and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread, and to prayer." Acts 2:42

3 comments:

Karen Lange said...

Tyrean,
Thank you for the award and for your kind words! I am honored and blessed. Please know that you've provided a much needed boost for my weekend.
Hug, thanks, and blessings to you,
Karen :)

Angie said...

I like Karen's blog too. VBS sounds really fun. Enjoy it!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Karen,
Hugs, and blessings to you too! Hope you have a great weekend!

Angie,
Thanks! Hope you have a great week up ahead too!