Thursday, June 17, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 19

365 Days of Blessings, Day 19

Today, I am thankful for the basics of my life, those things I take for granted every day and often, every moment.

1. Jesus loves me.

2. My husband loves me.

3. God granted me two beautiful daughters to raise.

4. I have two, fun-loving dogs.

5. I have a cat, who is full of purrs and mischief.

6. I have chairs to sit on. That doesn't sound like much, but there are places in the world where there aren't chairs to sit on. Of course, I might be healthier if I sat on the floor more often. Hmm. Still, a chair seems like a good thing to me.

7. My heart is beating.

8. I can breathe.

9. I have a house.

10. I have a refrigerator. I'm so glad I don't have to "cure" my meat like they did 100 years ago or so, and like they still do in many places in the world where electricity is unavailable.

"The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." Genesis 2:7

3 comments:

Karen Lange said...

Ah yes, modern conveniences are such a blessing! I am extra thankful this week for our central air conditioning since the air conditioning in our car quit working last weekend. Thanks for reminding me to be thankful. :)
Blessings,
Karen

Jessica Nelson said...

Oh my, yep, I'm thankful for electricity!

Jody Hedlund said...

What a great list, Tyrean! It's easy to take things for granted in our lives. And I like that you've stopped to recount your blessings! I need to do the same!